Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Ring Around the Ranch

Alternate Title:
No Pheasant Present, But Dew? Can Do!

sorry.

Clothesed for the Season

Today I won't subject you to any feeble attempts to wax poetic, but did want to share some shots of my tour around the Ranch this morning. It is such a glorious day, I took a good long time to wander the property and drink in all the breathtaking beauty Fall has to offer.

Faerie Skyscrapers

If only I knew if they are poisonous...

Animation Suspended

Everyone Shares on the Ranch

Dewy Dandelion


Today's Chore Companion, Jack.


Still Trying

Where Faeries Get Their Silver

Barn Boss

Cow Candy


Brilliant

Should've worn the boots.


I hope you are enjoying this amazing day as much as I am... Cheers!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

It is a beautiful day, isn't it? Thanks for the lovely ranch tour. We should get together again soon. I've been meaning to email you.

Anonymous said...

You know what they say about great minds?

I was *so* inspired by this beautiful day that I snapped some photos today on my lunch walk, and will post them to the blog when I get home. I hope that my pictures turn out half as good as yours - your photos are gorgeous!

Angelina said...

That was a great tour. Now, about the fairy silver...is that frost or powdery mildew? Because if that's frost...how the heck did I not notice any here?!

That cow is darn cute.

As to the mushrooms...they look quite delicious and plump and round and fresh. I suppose I wouldn't eat them without a word from an expert either. Know any?

Wendy said...

Oh, those are beautiful.

I'm so glad that I found this blog so I can live vicariously through you. You are living my ideal life. Well, I don't know if I could handle actual cows, but I do want chickens and maybe a goat (ummm, fresh eggs and goat cheese).

Anyway, thanks for the pics.

Angeleen said...

Lisa: for SURE!

Cheryle: Can't wait to see 'em!

Angelina: The faerie silver is super-fine dew! I've never seen anything like it!

The cow... she's getting "cuter" to me now that I've got her convinced(?) she's NOT the boss... (I hope)

Do I ever WISH I knew a mushroom expert! We've got tons around here and they all look delicious, but I'm sure not willing to bet my life on it!

Wendy: the cows are a piece of cake once you get used to the idea that they really have no idea (usually) they're a LOT bigger than you. I wouldn't have goats because they would trash all my trees and precious blackberries, but I do hope to have chickens some day.

I'm glad you found my blog, too and vice versa 'cause yours is so much fun to read and YOU're just so darned sweet and funny! (not to mention freakin' TALENTED!!)

Yolanda said...

This was a lovely walk . Thanks for sharing it.

Elora said...

Beautiful pictures what a lovely place to live! And thank you for the really kind comment on my blog.