Today is my 40th birthday and promises to be full of wonderful things to share in a future post, but in the mean time, here's a short list of stuff I've figured out so far... I think.
1. I'm not as fat as I think I am.
2. Be respectful and show gratitude to everyone: especially people who do the difficult, thankless, dirty jobs that make my life easier and better. That's a lot of people.
3. Gratitude is the key to sanity.
4. Digital meat thermometer probes won't survive the dishwasher... ever.
5. Digital meat thermometers don't survive very long, period.
6. Kids need a garden, mud, animals, bugs, good food, lots and LOTS of affection and grandparents.
7. I need to live in the country.
8. I need to visit the city regularly.
9. My husband loves me more than I realize or give him credit for.
10. Even on my worst day, my life is better than I ever dreamed it would be and I wouldn't change it for anything.